Thursday, May 26, 2011

Octopus Garden with Lobster Seahorse Seashell Two Fish Brooch Pin

http://www.etsy.com/listing/74886911/octopus-garden-with-lobster-seahorse

I made this sea collection pin using the antique gold-toned stamped metal findings of an octopus, two fish, a seahorse and a lobster. I also glued on a scattering of pearls and one faux red gem. I highlighted certain parts of this brooch with a brighter gold-toned paint to give it a bit of shine and to add a little interest to the piece.

I collected the sea-oriented findings for this brooch several years ago with the thought of making something for myself as a sort of wearable scrapbook, due to the fact that I used to work for a commercial fisherman when I was a teen. It also makes me think of that old Beatles hit song: Octopus's Garden.

It's a great summertime brooch or could be used with a Steampunk or similar costume or something to wear when going out to dinner at a seafood restaurant, seafood festival or other similarly themed party or event.

It measures (approximately) a little over 2.5 inches wide and just under 2 inches from the top to the bottom of the brooch. Its Metric measurement is (approximately) 6 cm x 5 cm.

No comments: