Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Candy Bomber

I love this story! What a hero at heart! But as Gail Halvorsen himself has said, "There's only thirty-one real heroes and I'm not one of them. The guys who gave their life for a former enemy so that they might live [they were the heroes]." They paid the ultimate price to help others. God bless them all! And God bless Gail Halvorsen for bringing joy to the hearts of so many children in a time when there was so little to be joyful about.
http://www.stripes.com/news/candy-bomber-featured-guest-at-65th-berlin-airlift-anniversary-1.227687

I think there's a great lesson to be learned here and I'm going to sum it up in my own way -- Maybe if we gave more candy to the ones we don't get along with the world might become a better place. Next time someone gets under your skin -- throw some candy at them. Well, you know, not at them, to them.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments: