Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I Believe - Obedience Through Faithfulness



"...today’s complexity demands greater simplicity..." Elder L. Tom Perry, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

That is one of the many quotes from this weekend that I really found moving. It reminded me a great deal of my father who often advised living a simple life. It was almost like having dad with me again, and that was lovely!

Elder L. Tom Perry's General Conference Talk, 6 April, 2014:
Obedience through Our Faithfulness

This past weekend it was the 184th semi-annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love General Conference! In fact, it was a Spring General Conference just like this one when I realized I wanted to be Baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I walked in, sat down, looked up at the big screen where they were broadcasting through satellite the 1984 Spring General Conference and I just knew I was in the right place. If I could have been Baptized right that very moment, I would have. As it was the Missionaries who taught me had a hard time holding on to the reins to keep me from diving right into the nearest Baptismal font. I never felt more sure of anything in my life than that I wanted to be a member of this church. And to this day, I hold firm to the rightness of that decision.

This is what I believe.


No comments: