Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What I Believe - Prayer

  

Prayer

Sometimes answers to our prayers come almost immediately and sometimes they seem to never come at all. But sometimes, if we're patient, the answer comes when and how we least expect it.

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as with most faiths, I was taught to pray often. It is a teaching that I have come to rely upon. It has brought me relief, joy, peace. It has helped me get through the really tough times when I really didn't know what to do.

For example, this past Fall I was going through something that I really didn't see any way out of and I was truly at my wit's end. I wanted relief -- immediately! But I knew I had to be patient and put my faith in Heavenly Father and take each day as it came. And every day, several times a day, I prayed. I felt so helpless otherwise.

Some days He gave me little hugs of hope throughout the day in the form of various reminders that he was on top of my situation. Other days he was not so forthcoming and I had to hold on to what had filled me with hope and peace of mind the day before or maybe even a couple of days before.

Yet throughout I knew he was watching over me.

Then one day a miracle happened, something I didn't think could happen under the circumstances.

I am so very grateful for that miracle, for that tender mercy Heavenly Father showed me. Prayer has saved me more times than I can count. If you will pray about whatever is troubling you and do so with real intent and the faith of a little child, you will receive an answer.

This is what I believe.

No comments: