Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What I Believe - Divorce

Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have had the opportunity to speak with those who have been through a divorce. I have learned from them that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what got them through all of the hurt, pain, and confusion.

The church provides some really great tips on their blog for those experiencing divorce and I would like to share those tips with you. Just click here.

In my experience when going through some of the worst times in my life, I can truly say that turning to God, just like in step 1 on the church's blog at the link above, has helped me in ways I never would have dreamed. And it really is great to have supportive people around during such times.

I would like to add one more tip: Prioritize. Sometimes you just have to put everything but the most important stuff in your life on hold. Allowing in all of the things that keep you distracted and scattered in so many directions will only add to the stress of a situation, such as divorce.

Keeping close to God, seeking support from those around you as well as professional help and support, and focusing on what is most important to you and your family will help you to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This is what I believe.

No comments: