Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I Believe - Sister Missionaries

Long before I was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I wanted to be a missionary. But in those days I had gotten it into my head that you kind of had to have family already in the church before you could actually become a member. Of course, later on, I learned that anyone can become a member. But by that time my life had taken me in a different direction.

Now I look forward to doing missionary work with the church when I am older, because a lot of retirees in our church do missionary work. That's one of the many things that I love about this church -- you are always considered valuable no matter what your age.

Today I thought I would share a video the church recently put out about how Sister Missionaries got their start in our church.

History of Women Missionaries: How Sister Missionary Service Began in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:



Missionary work encompasses many things in our church. Aside from sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, missionary companions and married couples who are missionaries help serve the communities that they are assigned to. They might help an elderly person with yard work or run errands for someone. There have been many times when disasters have struck that our missionaries of all ages have pitched in to help the local residents put their lives back together.

Missionaries and the many services that they provide are an important asset for all communities.

This is what I believe.

No comments: