Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crochet - Solomon's / Lover's Knot: How to Weave In Ends

This is something that I think is woefully left out on the internet, because I was trying and trying to figure out how to weave in the loose ends of a finished piece using this particular stitch and never could find anyone who explained how to do it.

So, I was praying. Yep. And that's when it hit me. Nope. Not a bolt of lightning. ;-) Take the end through the closest knot, repeatedly weaving as inconspicuously as possible. Then pull on that knot from all sides until you see where the yarn will stop moving, i.e., so that when you snip the end, it won't unravel. Once you have tugged and pulled on the knot you just wove your loose yarn end through, then snip the yarn end as closely as possible to your work. Be very careful not to accidentally snip any of the yarn in the knot. I did that once and pretty much ruined my whole project.

I'd provide a video to demonstrate, but my camera is built into my laptop. Maybe someday I can add a video to make it easier to see what I'm talking about. I know I don't like text only tutorials and I hate to have to do that here.

However, I can provide an illustration. I hope that will help.

No comments: