Friday, December 28, 2012

Adoption Is The New Pregnant

I've talked about the importance of adopting dogs, cats, and other little critters. But there's one critter I have yet to talk about the importance of adopting, and that's the human critter known as the rugrat, little monster, booger, and holy terror! Amongst other names.

Of course, I'm speaking of children and the importance of adoption.

To me, adoption is one of the most profoundly loving things that we as humans can do. Most of us can give birth to our own children, and, of course, we love them! However not everyone has the ability to have their own children but that doesn't make them any less loving or deserving as parents.

To be willing and even eager to open your heart and your home to a child that has been put up for adoption, well, that just seems like something pretty amazing to me. Maybe the parents were young and couldn't support a child at that time. Maybe something happened to the parents and they were taken before they could raise their child to maturity.

Whatever the case may be, there are a lot of children out there who need and deserve loving parents and a wholesome environment to grow up in.

I know when I look at the faces of any of these kids all I can think is -- I want them all! I wish I had the means to support a huge family, because I definitely would adopt children of all ages into my family. It would be a great honor for me.

So... What I'm getting at here is that if you have the means, then, please, consider adopting a child. And keep in mind that they don't have to be little babies to need love and guidance. Children in all age groups need parents and a loving home environment where they can feel safe and free to learn and to grow.

Now I'd like to share a link to the profile of a couple of very sweet people who are looking to adopt. Their names are Kay and Berrett. I think you'll agree that they will make excellent parents.

https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/26261556/ourMessage.jsf

This is a link to their blog:

http://kayandberretthopingtoadopt.blogspot.com/

I think the following quote by Nancy McGuire sums up adoption very well: "I did not make you in my own image, I created you from the imagery of my heart."

And because I like to end things on an uplifting note, I'd like to share a song with you that I think fits the emotion and anticipation of awaiting the arrival of a child, whether blood related or adopted.

Elton John's Blessed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYsjIm3zqU

So, reach out to a child who needs you. I promise. You'll be blessed.

No comments: